Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Take your sunshine and ...


Well, I opened my blog three months ago and now, here I am, actually writing a post.  Better late than never?  Most likely, I won't be actively be working on this site until July but I have a lot of thoughts rolling around and wanted to get some of them down as a promise to all of the other thoughts so desperate to get to print.  

Why July?  Well, because at the end of June, my job is going away and I have no replacement.  Nnooo, Child Protective Services is not taking my children away.  I'm referring to my part-time job, consulting in the retail industry.  My current gig has offered a manageable workload and its accompanying paycheck have been most welcome for the last three years.  However, California employment laws and our relocation far, far away from my beloved Twin Cities have brought me to a crossroads.  To stay in the game will require a full-time effort for an uncertain outcome.  Or, I could walk away completely...again.

Let's be honest, it's a pretty easy decision.  But, there's more.  For as long as I can remember, I've wanted to write.  When I joined Facebook a few years ago, I finally had an easy outlet.  I began using the 240-character statuses as a Cliffs-Note version of a journal but it wasn't enough.  I promised that I would go back and write about each instance in greater detail when I had more time.  And, that brings me to July...

I'm not young enough to be afraid to do this anymore.  I believe that at 34, lack of self-confidence isn't a valid reason.  Plus, I'm finding that the words are getting out anyway and possibly impeding my ability to do my full-time job as parent.


Well, practicing writing with my kindergardener
didn't go so well.  I'm not sure but I think taking his
 writing book and starting a journal, didn't help.
 

 There have been great supporters all along the way like my husband, TJ, Raygan Swan and my mom, among many others who deserve (and will get) a shout out.  It's time to start and if nothing else, someday my kids will have type-written blog posts to provide their therapist.

3 comments:

  1. Love it! Great way to introduce yourself to the blogosphere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I was supposed to start doing a better job of updating my blog. I will use you as inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is long overdue. The world deserves more then facebook status limits were allowing. :)

    ReplyDelete